Fruit salad is colorful, flexible, easy to prepare, tasty, and healthful. Gather your favorite fruits and begin. The fresh fruits available will depend on the season and where you live so adjust accordingly. The salad pictured is a combination of berries and cantaloupe melon.
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh cantaloupe, cut into bite size chunks
Dressing on the side
- 1/2 tablespoon orange honey
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
Mix together and drizzle over fruit.
Other fruits to use: bananas and apples are generally available all year round wherever you live. Try some dried fruit, finely diced candied ginger, or canned pineapple to round out the available fresh fruit.