Naples is the No. 1 beach town to live in.
That’s according to a study by WalletHub, a personal-finance website.
To determine the most livable beachside communities for 2019, WalletHub compared 192 cities across 62 key metrics for “livability.”
The study was divided into two categories, lake beach towns and ocean beach towns (Naples fell into the second category, though it’s bordered by the Gulf of Mexico, not an ocean).
The data used for the study included everything from housing costs to water quality.
Here’s how Naples ranked on some of the metrics, with a 1 equating to best and a 73 representing average:
- 46th – for the median household income (adjusted for cost of living)
- 19th – for the median annual property taxes
- 34th – for the percentage of for-sale waterfront homes
- 7th – for the water temperature
- 17th – for the violent crime rate
- 65th – for the foreclosure rate
- 1st – for the nightlife establishments per capita
- 44th – for the quality of beach water
Nearby Marco Island ranked 47th on the list of best beach towns to live in. Meanwhile, Bonita Springs landed at 66th.
The top 10 included several other waterfront communities in Florida: Boca Raton (5th), Sarasota (6th) and Venice (10th).
Originally published in the Naples News.com